Views
Helpful
Replies

allow only windowsupdate

tim.frazee
Level 4
Level 4

group,

have a 515 running 6.2. here is what i am tring.

I need to allow everybody access to windowsupdate and macafee update. but some folks i want to limit access to the internet.

i have tried to make an access-list that will have all the ip's that windowsupdate would use, but this would be an administrative nightmare. was hoping that the group had a differnet way of thinking about this.

i have already pitched the idea of a WUS or SUS server. didnt get a good feel on that.

sales is pitching a websense server. will this allow me to allow clients to be able to windowsupdate their computer, but still not have access to other stuff on the internet?

also, im blocking IM clients, got all but yahoo. i am blocking ports in and out, and denying access to certain ip addresses out. any other thoughts?

please help.

2 Replies 2

nkhawaja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would say the best approach is to use WEBSense server.

thanks

Nadeem

will a websense server be able to block IM, and all internet but windowsupdate? (i figured there probably isnt a check-box for windowsupdate, but it better than what i got now)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: