cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Apache server problem

tcherry
Level 1
Level 1

We have installed CW 2000 LMS and VMS( including IDS MC, the router MC and the Pix MC). As part of our increasing our security and moving towards the CISCO Self-defending network model I was going to add the CSAMC to the currently loaded products understanding we would still need to license more agents as we moved to deployment. Again CW 2000 LMS and VMS products that were loaded were up and running and functioning properly. It has been managing all of our Cisco devices and our currently deployed IDS sensors. All patches and updates have been applied and are currently up to date at this time. The Apache sever problem when I attempted to load CSAMC. The load failed I beleive because SSL could not be enabled since Device fault manager is not SSL compliant. Here are the Apache server messages I get:

1)Event Type: Error

Event Source: Apache Service

Event Category: None

Event ID: 3299

Date: 5/7/2004

Time: 5:14:03 PM

User: N/A

Computer: ACMPNETMGMT

Description:

The Apache service named D:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache\Apache.exe reported the following error:

>>> [Fri May 07 17:14:03 2004] [warn] Loaded DSO modules/mod_jk.dll uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI) <<<

before the error.log file could be opened.

More information may be available in the error.log file. .

2)Event Type: Error

Time: 5:14:04 PM

Description:

The Apache service named D:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache\Apache.exe reported the following error:

>>> Syntax error on line 2 of d:/program files/cscopx/mdc/apache/conf/csamc-main.conf: <<<

before the error.log file could be opened.

More information may be available in the error.log file. .

3)Event Type: Error

Time: 5:14:04 PM

Description:

>>> Cannot load d:/program files/cscopx/mdc/apache/modules/mod_fastcgi.dll into server: (126) .

4)Event Type: Error

Time: 5:17:27 PM

Description:

>>> [Fri May 07 17:17:27 2004] [warn] Loaded DSO modules/mod_jk.dll uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI) <<<

I have opened a TAC case but have yet to receive much help and I need to get this resolved. We are deploying 2 more sensors in our network.

1 Reply 1

tcherry
Level 1
Level 1

Clarification of problem: What is failing is the CiscoWorks Web Server. The description for this under the system services says: Apache/1.3.2.7(Win32)mod_jk/1.2.3mod_ssl/2.8.14 Open SSL/0.9.7b It is when I try to start this servive that I get the previously mentioned messages.