cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5520 SSLVPN Login Page Customization (V8.x)

txcahoon
Level 1
Level 1

Our ASA box will be used by our executives to access internal data using the SSL-VPN clientless access. This means they will see the login and portal pages generated by the ASA box based on their profile. The current fill-in-the-box option of configuring the look of these pages is not really acceptable. We would like to do major look and feel changes to these pages, especially the login page.

There is an option to export the defualt configuration template into an XML file and modify that. However the documentation about what is allowed or not allowed is non-exisitent.

Has anyone actually modified the Login Page in a serious manner? What are the limitations? Are there any white papers or more documentation than exists in the command line configuration guide?

Looking for guidance.

6 Replies 6

david.barroso
Level 1
Level 1

Try to enter through the ADSM and go to:

Remote Access VPN -> Clientless SSL VPN Access -> Portal

Here you can upload content and customize the portal easily.

Thanks for the response but unfortunately your comments is just about all the documentation there is about customizing the screens.

We are trying to find examples and details about what can be done. Can we move the login box to the upper right corner, can we change its shape? What about different fonts, colors? Can the entire background of the login page be change? (Right now it is 2 frames (header and background) with the login box in the center).

I'm looking for some good examples. The configuration guide is very weak on this.

I'm in the same situation. Did you ever get this customized to your liking?

We worked with Cisco and Berbee to get this done. There are limitations especially with the login box. They talked with the Cisco product managers who liked what we were trying to do and were going to try and make changes to future IOS version to allow more customization.

I would say we have reached about 90% of what we wanted. I didn't think we would get that close.

Thanks TX,

I'm happy to hear you got most of what you were looking for!

One of the more frustrating things is that some information that is available in the customization pages do not appear when we preview the page or even log in.

For instance, if I edit the login page and choose Logon Form, we want the passcode prompt to show up at the time of logon to the ASA. So I write something ing the field and save the page to preview it. The passcode promt never shows up.

I am in the similar situation....all I want is to place my company logo on the splash page. Any ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: