Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5525-X

chawkideeb
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have to implement a new ASA 5525-X firewall.

I already installed the below :

-ASA IOS  9.6(2)

-ASDM 7.6.2

-VMware 5.5

-firesight  6.1.0.1

firepower   6.1.0.1

So as you can see that I already installed the latest version on all the above.

Just to know if it will work properly and that will be okey with the above, or you suggest another version or etc...

Thank you.

Best Regards,

chawki dib

chawki divb

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just to know if it will work properly and that will be okey with the above, or you suggest another version or etc...

In a world of bugfree and perfect software, everything will work as expected. Knowing that this is not the reality, no, some things will not work as expected. But assuming that your network is not that "special" and you do more "regular" things with your firewall then most features will work as designed (what is not always "works as expected").

For things that don't work, consult the section in the release notes.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

In a world of bugfree and perfect software, everything will work as expected. Knowing that this is not the reality, no, some things will not work as expected. But assuming that your network is not that "special" and you do more "regular" things with your firewall then most features will work as designed (what is not always "works as expected").

For things that don't work, consult the section in the release notes.

Thank you Karsten,

I will keep all the above current version and observe the behavior.

thank you.

best regards,

chawki dib

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card