Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Active - Active vPC on Nexus for redundancy

FrankZappa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone!

I have a pair of ASA 5585 in multiple mode with active/active failover and im trying to improve the redundancy.

In the upper layer i have a pair of nexus providing the network access on one interface but the ASA pair it also has another interface unused so my question: is there any way to configure a vPc between 2 different nexus of the fabric and the ASAs?

Thanks for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

FrankZappa
Level 1
Level 1

Well, the answer is yes, all i had to do was to configure the vPC between the two nexus and the two ASA.

In the nexus layer it was a vPC to the primary ASA and another vPC to the secondary ASA.

In the ASA side it was a portchannel in each box with one interface from the prim-ASA to NEXUS1 and another interface from the sec-ASA to NEXUS2

Yep it was that simple.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

FrankZappa
Level 1
Level 1

Well, the answer is yes, all i had to do was to configure the vPC between the two nexus and the two ASA.

In the nexus layer it was a vPC to the primary ASA and another vPC to the secondary ASA.

In the ASA side it was a portchannel in each box with one interface from the prim-ASA to NEXUS1 and another interface from the sec-ASA to NEXUS2

Yep it was that simple.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card