cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

asa cx application update/asa cx internet access

weichenyang
Level 1
Level 1

asa 5512-x,how to update cx application without http proxy server?

add router between management network and inside network, router wlan ip same as inside network?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There are many ways to connect the ASA-CX to the internet. The easiest is to use the management-port only for CX. For that you connect that port directly to your inside network and assign ASA-CX an IP-address from that network with the ASA inside IP as the default-gateway.

But you could also use an internal router to route between the management and the inside network.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

There are many ways to connect the ASA-CX to the internet. The easiest is to use the management-port only for CX. For that you connect that port directly to your inside network and assign ASA-CX an IP-address from that network with the ASA inside IP as the default-gateway.

But you could also use an internal router to route between the management and the inside network.

Hello,

I have a question about how to connect to the ASA-CX. The Problem is, that I need to connect to the ASA-CX over the internet. As described in the Guides, it is possible to access over the Management Port or from the Inside Network. Therefore I configured an Anyconnect VPN and changed the Management Interface to Inside, which makes it possible to connect to the ASDM & SSH to the ASA but not the ASA-CX.

What I did is "session cxsc console --> setup" and configured an IP Address from the Inside Network.

Is there any way to connect to the ASA-CX on that way? I really need a solution on that, as the ASA is located in Sweden and I don't have physical access to the device.

Best regards,

Thomas

Did you configure the default-gateway on the CX which should point to the internal interface of the ASA? With that you should be able to connect to the CX-management with the VPN.

Hi Karsten,

thanks for your reply. The problem is solved, I was not aware of the fact, that the management port also needs to have a link?

Plugin a RJ45 into the Managmen0/0 and removing IP Addresses and Security Level solved it for me.

Regards,

Thomas

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The methods Karsten correctly pointed out are outlined in the ASA CX Module Quick Start Guide.

weichenyang
Level 1
Level 1

thanks,i follow Karsten methods

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card