Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5510 not doing gig

deca24
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am working on a 5510 ASA that I have acquired and I seem to be having an issue getting gig throughput on it. I can configure it to get on the net and get the ACLs and NAT working and all that, however, when I do a speed test on my PC, I seem to be only getting just above 100 meg. I can plug my laptop into the switch on my "Internet" VLAN and am able to pull over 250 meg from my ISP. However, when I try to go thru the ASA, I cant seem to get above about 115 meg. I have even tried to configure the speed setting on the interfaces. I am using eth0/0 and eth0/1 for inside and outside interfaces. Is it possible that the ASA does not like to do gig on VLANs? I do have a security plus license on it as well. I can post whatever parts of the config on here that is requested, just let me know...  Hoping you all can help me with this...

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

have you looked at the throughput support for the 55XX models ?  (table 2)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/asa-5500-series-next-generation-firewalls/data_sheet_c78-345385.html

Only device 555X and above can support upto 1.25G

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

have you looked at the throughput support for the 55XX models ?  (table 2)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/asa-5500-series-next-generation-firewalls/data_sheet_c78-345385.html

Only device 555X and above can support upto 1.25G

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Well poop, that is something I did not look at. That would explain why I was able to get a little higher BW with the 5510 compared to my 5505, but not the the 200 MB I was expecting. Guess I will have to find a AIP SSM-20 card to put in it.

Thanks!