Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5510 not doing gig

deca24
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am working on a 5510 ASA that I have acquired and I seem to be having an issue getting gig throughput on it. I can configure it to get on the net and get the ACLs and NAT working and all that, however, when I do a speed test on my PC, I seem to be only getting just above 100 meg. I can plug my laptop into the switch on my "Internet" VLAN and am able to pull over 250 meg from my ISP. However, when I try to go thru the ASA, I cant seem to get above about 115 meg. I have even tried to configure the speed setting on the interfaces. I am using eth0/0 and eth0/1 for inside and outside interfaces. Is it possible that the ASA does not like to do gig on VLANs? I do have a security plus license on it as well. I can post whatever parts of the config on here that is requested, just let me know...  Hoping you all can help me with this...

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

have you looked at the throughput support for the 55XX models ?  (table 2)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/asa-5500-series-next-generation-firewalls/data_sheet_c78-345385.html

Only device 555X and above can support upto 1.25G

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

have you looked at the throughput support for the 55XX models ?  (table 2)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/asa-5500-series-next-generation-firewalls/data_sheet_c78-345385.html

Only device 555X and above can support upto 1.25G

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Well poop, that is something I did not look at. That would explain why I was able to get a little higher BW with the 5510 compared to my 5505, but not the the 200 MB I was expecting. Guess I will have to find a AIP SSM-20 card to put in it.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: