cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Askes about certificate when preshared key used

mobielcentre
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 877 adsl router and at the endponts i have a windows 2003sbs and a windows XP sp2 client.

When i try to connect to the server via vpn (L2TP/IPSec) with a shared key i almost instantly get a message that no certificate is found. Wich is true since i don't want to use certificates. I am sure that the client and server both have the same preshared key. If i use the same settings on a local machine (client in the same domain) i get a working vpn connection.

So my thoughts go to the router.

But whatever i try on there, forward ports, set firewall settings, setup the easy vpn server, the remote client still gives the error 781, that he cannot find a certificate.

What am i doing wrong or what should i do to get the VPN working with windows and the 877 router. I prefer a full passthrough to the server. (dont have RADIUS or any special things, just a 2003sbs (wich will be vpn server) and a 2003 standard server)

2 Replies 2

aacole
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Maybe an obvious question, but you do have the statemnent `authentication pre-share' under the ISAKMP policy?

EG:

crypto isakmp policy 10

encr 3des

hash md5

authentication pre-share

group 2

Andy

I have. The difference with your example and my config is that i have "policy 1" and no "hash md5"