cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto display of disclaimer to client leaving hosted websites

tlaguna
Level 1
Level 1

we want to be able to let web clients know when they are leaving our hosted websites for other linked pages via a disclaimer. is there a Cisco product that will detect when a client is leaving one of our hosted web sites/applications and either give the user a pop up or a web redirect to a disclaimer letting them know that they are going to an outside entity web site?

thanks for the help

3 Replies 3

jj27
Spotlight
Spotlight

Not that I know of off hand. Why not have your developer write a small app and keep a database of external links they want to create. Then link to http://www.yoursite.com/redirect.php?id=SomeString and then on the redirect page have it say "You're leaving our site...click here to continue or go back" or whatever you want it to say.

Cost effective and not that hard to do.

thanks for the reply i do agree with that but they don't want to write any code or anything like this. they want something that can see the clients header and when they click a link they want something to be able to inject the client with code or tell the client to redirect to a website with the disclaimer on it.

we have a lot of websites so i do sympathize with them.

thanks for the help.

Ah, makes sense. I maintain a few websites also and I know how much of a pain it can be. Good luck finding a solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: