cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth Impact?

buckleyclarke
Level 1
Level 1

I am wondering how often the CS-MARS v5.3 polls devices? I have added a couple of routers to the Security and Monitor Devices section and set the SNMP community string as well as the telnet access method. Does the MARS appliance poll via SNMP and telnet or does it just use telnet for discovery and mitigation? I would like to add the rest of the routers in my network but am affraid that I will overload the smaller bandwidth links we still have in place in some locations. Any help would be appriciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

scootertgm
Level 1
Level 1

I think it depends on what you consider "Smaller bandwidth".

I use a CS-MARS50 (6.0) and I have multiple sites still only using a T-1 frame relay lines.  I get netflow and logs from them to our MARS.  When I look at our NetFlow Traffic Analyzer, the traffic doesn't even make the top 100 conversations.  Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

scootertgm
Level 1
Level 1

I think it depends on what you consider "Smaller bandwidth".

I use a CS-MARS50 (6.0) and I have multiple sites still only using a T-1 frame relay lines.  I get netflow and logs from them to our MARS.  When I look at our NetFlow Traffic Analyzer, the traffic doesn't even make the top 100 conversations.  Hope that helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: