Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Webinar

Forum Posts

Hi,I had a few messages logged in my firewall as%PIX-2-106017: Deny IP due to Land Attack from x.x.x.x to x.x.x.xI want to understand that how did these packets managed to get to our firewall, when the destination address of the packet is equal to th...

mnlatif by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

This is a VPN client to PIX connection, i have this connection without NAT-T, and it's connecting without any problem. VPN Client 3.5.2 and PIX506 ver 6.22Today, i upgrade PIX ver 6.22 to 6.31 for NAT-T conneciton. VPN client is only behind a PAT rou...

tkpsimon by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I'm trying to install the latest signature update IDS-sig-3.1-3-S42.bin. But on the release notes it stats that the update can only be performed on version 3.1(3)S31. I have downgraded the sensor to version 3.1(3)S33 but I can not uninstall ...

fregon by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Some advice on blocking instant messenger ports would be very helpful. I believe that a deny on 1863 tcp and udp will handle MSN. Am I coreect on that and what other ports need attention for such as AOL IM?thanks

ejones by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 506e and I would like to forward all SMTP and POP3 traffic to our Exchange server. The IP Address of the unit is 192.168.1.1. Can someone explain to me how to set up a port forward for this unit.Thanks in advance,Tripp K.

trippk by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a static mapping on my pix515 latest version,static ( inside,outside ) 194.x.x.112 194.169.x.112 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0Am pretty certain all my pix config is right as regards interfaces , access-lists etc. but cannot get inbound nat mappi...

Hello,in Germany and many other countries last weekend the DST has begun. As far as I know in the U.S. there is a different time when that starts. For me it seems that the VPN 3000 concentrator is not aware of that. The time is 1 hour wrong. On route...

berndtonn by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If I have multiple routers and I need to encrypt the traffic between the sattelite offices and the corporate office pix do I need a different key on each router? And if so can the Pix 520 running IOS 6.2 use more than one key?Thanks for the help.

I was wondering if anyone who did manage to get the beta of ver 6.3 was able to send me a copy. I do want to try out this before going for the release. Also if there is documentation on the new version's features beside the main pix os page would be ...

anthony-s by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am running HSRP on my internal lan with the inside ethernet interface of my firewall on the same lan and plugged into the switch. There are 2 cisco routers - all wan links are terminated on Cisco1 and isdn is terminated on Cisco2. The active d...

I can't seem to get the pruning utility to work. I keep getting this message:IDS Purge Error: SybaseESql::connect: Specified database is invalid The command line that I use is "IdsPruning -r"alert,syslog" -c10000" Anyone have ideas???

alll by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes