Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Forum Posts

When an attacking host is shunned, is the host shunned based on the source and destination port? Or by the IP address. In other words if the host uses a different source port will that packet get through the shunning device? Based on the logs I have ...

chrisv by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there a way to see a five minute average CPU utilization on a PIX from a telnet session? Show processes shows whats running but I want to get an idea of how much load is on the processor, how hard it is working. I do this in Cisco routers by run...

rwebster by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i have notice that one of our nodes UNIX server is sending udp packets to many nodes on the internet and the nodes are replying back to the server using udp packets. this consume about 512kbps , and the attack is into port 0 (udp port 0). we have im...

selba2008 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a VPN 3000 on the corporate site and clients in remotes offices behind VPN 3002 devices. Up until now all traffic has been between the remote sites and the corporate site and it has worked fine. I just ran into a need to communicate between ...

amylinit by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, in the recent signature updates, there are quite a few signatures with event level set to 0. I found that activities which trigger signatures 3216, 5081 etc would generally also trigger these new signatures eg 5249, 5250, 5256? I wish to unders...

rttsui by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

To ensure security for a remote router telnet function do I use the command “login local” to perform the authentication. Am I right that the command “login local” is used only with the TACACS or RADIUS implementation? as well as use in the call back...

wanab by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Top Solution Authors