Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Webinar

Forum Posts

i recently installed cspm 2.3i and ids 4230 for demo purposes. The problems i'm facing are the following:1. in the 'view sensor events database' i got a message that says the managed is down and not startable (managed dead). What's the effect of that...

We have been tracking many hits on signature 2151 and therefore many subsignatures. After we upgraded to 2.5 on our sensors we noticed a marked increase in the number of subsignatures. There are no details about these. We are attempting to better ...

tfrohling by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I hate to ask this but, is there a character limitation on the banner motd ? If not I keep getting cutoff at a certain point. If there is how many?Thanks in advance

jgebbia by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two FW PIX;- the first: FW 520 UnRestricted- the second: FW 520 RestrictedIs it possible configure these FW in FailOver? In partcular, I want use the FW UR as the active FW and the FW Rstricted as Failover FW.ThanksMonica

mfranzoso by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have noticed that when the Netrangers are updating ACLs on our 6500's and when that happens we drop packets. Here is our take on what is happening;Netranger telnets in, applies the ACL to the interface and then begins to write the access-list. Bec...

gpoer by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Before the central router 1603 connected to a branch by modem on serial WAN card. The connection is fine the terminal client runs fine on the link.AFTER i configured THREE ip tunneles on the central router for connection to other sites.the modem conn...

unitech1 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What are basic commands to config on 1720 router to act as firewall. Network is like this . We got one routable ip address from ISP. 1720 router would be connected to ISP with 256k frame relay. has one ethernet connected to internal network. Also has...

almakky by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If one has a web server on a link that is firewalled and only passes SSL traffic, is there ANY use to putting a Network IDS on that link (between the firewall and the host)? Are there any port 80/443 attacks that use the packet header?