Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Forum Posts

VRF without MPLSI would configure separate routing instances with VRFs on a Cisco router. [without using the MPLS protocol but for DMVPN (mgre + ipsec + ospf)] For exmaple i want to create two instances, one for customer A and another one for custom...

We use PPTP VPN through our PIX 515 to allow remote users to dial into our network. After the remote user connects to the network, they were able to type something like \\server-name\share to access resources on the internal network.Well, we recentl...

abruso by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I worked through (with this forum's help) the issue of getting my webserver in the DMZ to talk to my SQL Server on the inside. I tested it on a Lab Win2K webserver last night and it was working.I just arrived this morning and tested it again using t...

Slightly off topic because this is PIX 6.3.Is there a document that explains the order of how NAT is executed on the pix for zero translations.I think that nat 0 with an acl is first but i need to clarify for my customer.thanks in advance.

rchester by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello:I currently have some old switches running a variety of IOS versions. How do I patch these against known vulnerabilities, and where are the patches located? The version I am most concerned with is release 11.2. Thanks for any guidance.Brad O...

Hi I have PIX 515E and vpn3005 on my network. (purchased a year ago). I want to add IPS capability into my network. Please help me in deciding whether to replace pix 515e with ASA 5520 or to go with dedicated IPS sensor 4200 series?Also is there any ...

egain.com by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi AllMy PIX book states that for traffic to pass from a lower security level to a higher security level (e.g. Out i/f -> In i/f) then two requirements must be met:i) A static translation must exist for the destination.ii) An appropriate ACL/Conduit ...

hiwhat is the significance of using netmask for dynamic nat in global command and what's the differnce between using the netmask and using the range say 10.1.1.50-10.1.1.55 in global.do both have the same effect? or different?thanks

aksher by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm looking to replace/change a PIX at one of our remote connections and need some assistnace on configuring the 2821 for NAT. What is the equivalent commend of NAT 0 for the IOS firewall?

kaoslife by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm trying to get a bunch of 831 and 1721 routers serving as EZVPN clients in network extension mode to connect to one of three VPN 3060s(for failover), and use RRI to inject the remote subnets into the network inside the concentrators(via RIPv2). T...

Ben.Levin by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Top Solution Authors