Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Webinar

Forum Posts

I have three questions here all related to the policy for a Cisco IDS appliance.1. For a new install, when I initialize a Cisco IDS sensor, does it have the default Cisco IDS policy? By default policy, I mean most signatures enabled, some signatures ...

msmitha by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there going to be any comprehensive documentation released on version 4.0 of the IDS sensor?The is no documentation on this new RDEP protocol or the architecture of the device. Quite honestly, the documentation is really shoddy for version 4.0.Qui...

dawsonpa by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a situation with a customer of ours who is running the Nortel Contivity VPN. I am having troubles connecting to them. In my logs I see the following error:2003-07-17 15:23:51 Local4.Critical 192.168.20.1 %PIX-2-106006: Deny inbound UDP from ...

l4nier by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm here again, I have a problem with the ping results I'm getting when I'm pinging from Inside host to DMZ host's private IP address, The ping reply is intermittent, sometimes the reply is from the DMZ server Public NAT IP and sometimes.Any idea ...

Danilo Dy by VIP Alumni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybody,We'd like to monitor multiple VLANs traffic from Cat5509 switch to its backplane (RSM).Is there possible to configure "set SPAN" on this switch for IDS appliance (not IDSM)? We tested to be found only native VLAN traffic (like as broadca...

dennis.ng by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I am a fan of conduits, and until we got a FWSM in our environment I was not forced to consider deploying PIX ACLs. Now I have come to grips with PIX ACLs, and don't have a problem with their functionality. I just have a question regarding the...

I want to double check the following. On an interface that does NAT, access-list and firewall, what IP to block? NAT or NATed?interface Serial0.500 point-to-point ip address xxx ip nat outside no arp frame-relay no cdp enable frame-relay interface-dl...

roelfs by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Anybody know what the order of nat/static ....is it nat 0 acl, nat 0, static, nat ? where nat 0 acl is first and nat is last.....for ex. if i have an address that meets criteria for nat 0 acl, nat 0, static, nat...what will happen?john

Ok am in the process of setting up my first 515e and struggling a bit. I have set my outside route of 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 x.x.x.x.x (being my router ethernet address) 1Now the way I under stand this is that anything that goes out that is not needed to r...

grw by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Unanswered Topics