Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Get

Forum Posts

We're evaluating deploying a Cisco NIDS on our network. Someone told me that the Cisco IDS solution is based on NT (?!). Say it ain't so!Also, can the NIDS or IDS module detect common IIS attacks like buffer overflows, directory transversals, code re...

Greetings,I'm trying to update a WS-X6381-IDS IDSM unit that is currently running IDSM-sig-3.0-5-S39 to IDSMk9-sp-3.0-6-S42, but it's not working. The "apply" command works fine, and I can see that the file is being uploaded, but my connection is to ...

a.arndt by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am using CISCO 7200 VXR with 4 Serial links for internet connectivity and two Ethernet links. I want to enable my router as IDS. How I can perform this function i am using IOS 12.2.Do i need to install different IOS?

I need to setup the VMS - IDS MC and have some questions. Can anybody help, please?1. Would the VMS solution be an all-inclusive one-box setup or would that require us to build another or use an existing DBMS? If it uses an external DBMS what does it...

msmitha by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am trying to enroll a VPN3005 concentrator with a W2k CA. I was able to install the CA Certificate without any problems. However I am having problem in enrolling VPN3005 to the Certificate authority.The error comes up on hte microsoft side as "D...

mnlatif by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When trying to add a sensor in the IDS MC (VMS) I get the following error message: ErrorThere appears to be a configuration error in the General Signatures settings from the sensor. Please correct the sensor configuration and try again. What does th...

8rpalmer by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all.We are looking to implement IDS in our network. Here is a run down of our network. Two external routers runnning bgp to two seperate ISP. Also we have a 7100 VPN router on the external net due to the fact that we are using NHRP for the V...

dedube23 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes