cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Access WAN through PIX

getreal
Level 1
Level 1

I can VPN to local LAN through PIX 510 Firewall. The inside gateway address on PDC is 000.000.20.12 which is the inside address of PIX. On the LAN there is a BDC com server that is using 000.000.20.1 gateway through a Cisco 3600 Router to the company WAN.

With the above configuration I can access the above LAN no problem but can not get to WAN. If I change gateway on LAN PDC to 000.000.20.1 I can get to WAN but cannot access LAN or WAN through PIX.

I am now trying to add DHCP. Does anyone have any other suggestions or know of a site with different network diagrams.

Thanks Doug

3 Replies 3

girish.sane
Level 1
Level 1

give a route inside 0 0 command on your pix to the 3600 router. This way all packets destined to the LAN and WAN first go the router. If the packet is destined for the LAN it remains on the same network... if it destines for the WAN the 3600 forwards it to the next hop. This is a simple routing issue. You will also have to change the Default gateway on your PDC to the 3600 router and add a default gateway on the 3600 router to the PIX.

This is done so that you have a correct return path to all the networks.

cdbush
Level 1
Level 1

You will also want to check your routing to the address pool you are using for the VPN clients. Make sure all of your inside networks knows the route back to the clients.

The API is not read-only; users are allowed to change the configuration of their global threat alerts environment.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card