Level 1

Pix-Admin1(config)# tftp-server inside 204.142.253.65 root

Pix-Admin1(config)# write net vik:622

Building configuration...

TFTP write 'root/622' at vik on interface 1

TFTP Error: File Open Error 3

[FAILED]

Pix-Admin1(config)#

I am able to back up my configuration from RAS 3640. I am using solarwind tftp server with a folder called root in the c drive. 'vik' is the name of the tftp server.

5 Replies 5

l.mourits
Level 5
Level 5

Just go into enable mode and NOT in config mode. Then execute the "write net vik:622" again, then it will work. Being in config mode is having configuration file open, as the output tells you ;-)

Kind regards,

Leo

Still cant!!

Pix-Admin1# write net vik:622

Building configuration...

TFTP write 'root/622' at vik on interface 1

TFTP Error: File Open Error 3

[FAILED]

Pix-Admin1#

What TFTP server are you running? If this is a unix based TFTP server then might you have to check if the tftfd deamon has the right access privileges to write a new filename. access privileges could be an issue on other tftp servers as well. The command you use is correct, so, I don't think it has anything to do with your PIX.

Hope this helps,

Leo

Leo,

I am using SolarWinds TFTP verison 6.0 for windows. I am able to tftp files from my RAS which is a cisco 3640 router. But I cant back up my PIX.

Thanks!

Vikrant

Hi Vikrant,

The problem with some Unix-based TFTP-servers and PIX is that when the PIX sends a file to the root directory of the TFTP deamon, that the Unix-system thinks the PIX tries to send it to the root directory. And this is not allowed (if it would be allowed, you would have a very widly opened Unix-system)

What you could try is to give the complete path to the directory within the copy tfpt command, and see if this works.

Kind regards,

Leo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: