Helpful
Replies

CCIE Security Version 6 | Software images not on Download page

moazhar861
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Team,

I was checking the Cisco CCIE Security version LAB devices and requirements:

Unfortunately, i see most of the software version are very old and most of them are not on Cisco website for downloads.

Is there any specific link to download the ccie software images from? Following are some images i couldn't find:

Virtual Appliances:

==============

Cisco Web Security Appliance (WSA): 9.2

Cisco Adaptive Security Virtual Appliance (ASAv): 9.4(3)

Cisco StealthWatch SMC-FC: 6.10

Cisco DNA Center Release 1.3.1

Physical:

=======

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance: ASA5512: 9.2

Cisco Wireless Access Point: AP1852: 8.3

VPN Client:

=========

Cisco Anyconnect: 4.2

Any help will be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Cristian Matei
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

This has always been the case. Just use newer versions. I actually always recommend using the newer versions, and just look in the Realease Notes to see what features have been added/changed between the blueprint version and the one i'm using (the newer one). Also expect for he lab to get newer images.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Hi Christian,

Appreciate your response.

But it doesn't make sense. If Cisco wants people to use a newer version, they will publish it.

Even in the lab if the version is different from what is in the blue print, then it doesn't hold any integrity.

Multiple versions may have multiple impacting defects, so we can't ignore it and test the features on new versions.

People are paying good for the exam and wouldn't want to take a chance.

I hope someone from Cisco certification team can share more inputs.

Regards:

Mohammad

Hi,

In the lab you'll be tested o the features supported based on the provided versions, but don't take this for granted. As for which versions will show up in the lab, they are allowed to use newer versions, required because of some bug fixing, or any other reasons. 

Regards,

Cristian Matei.