Views
Helpful
Replies

CCNP security certifications

Sukanta Biswas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anybody please advise if I can take one of the new security exam to keep my existing CCNP R&S certification which expires in April, 2016

I have passed the old exams 642-618, 642-637, 642-627 already. Can I just appear for the exam 300-208 to keep my certification valid and as well as complete the CCNP security certification.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Sukanta

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you can pass any professional or expert level exam and that will recertify your CCNP R/S. If you do the SISAS tests now, then you can use that for your CCNP Security when you have also passed the other three CCNP Sec exams (and the prerequisite, the CCNA Security).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Yes, you can pass any professional or expert level exam and that will recertify your CCNP R/S. If you do the SISAS tests now, then you can use that for your CCNP Security when you have also passed the other three CCNP Sec exams (and the prerequisite, the CCNA Security).

Thanks for Sharing...Karsten Iwen

Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification program is aligned specifically to the job role of the Cisco Network Security Engineer responsible for Security in Routers, Switches, Networking devices and appliances, as well as choosing, deploying, supporting and troubleshooting Firewalls, VPNS, and IDS/IPS solutions for their networking environments.

Sukanta Biswas
Level 1
Level 1

thanks so much Karsten. really appreciate your valuable advice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: