cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCNP Security recertification

blvesteel03
Level 1
Level 1

If I have an expired CCNP Security and CCNA Security, how do i recertify? Do i have to take first the ccna sec or can i take directly the ccnp sec?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if the Cert are expired, you need to start from CCNA and then CCNP ( as per standard of cisco training program).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can always take any written exam by just scheduling it with an authorized testing center.

If you want to recertify though, that will only happen when you pass the four exams for CCNP Security as well as the prerequisite one for CCNA Security (and CCNA R&S if that is also expired).

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if the Cert are expired, you need to start from CCNA and then CCNP ( as per standard of cisco training program).

BB

Awts, what if i have an expired CCIE cert, i will have to start from ccna again? That is a lot of work and money again haha, one should always watch the certificate expiry

CCIE has no prerequisite certifications.

as mentioned other post CCIE do not have pre-requisites. if you have taken written CCIE you need to take LAB with in 18months or so.

Once you CCIE Completed, to retain CCIE you need to take written all the time before expiry (the written or lab can be any CCIE).

Yes it is bit cost incolved. but again depends on requirements and personal status.

BB

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can always take any written exam by just scheduling it with an authorized testing center.

If you want to recertify though, that will only happen when you pass the four exams for CCNP Security as well as the prerequisite one for CCNA Security (and CCNA R&S if that is also expired).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: