Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCNP Security - SISAS 300-208

p.137 of Aaron Woland's book, Fully Distributed Deployment

"In the four-node deployment, the maximum number of PSNs that can be associated to the combined PAN+MNT is five PSNs, making it  a seven-node deployment."

If my understanding is correct, I would take the Figure 7-4 configuration shown on p. 136 and add three more blocks (e,g., ISE-5, ISE-6, ISE-7) to satisfy the statement above.  Is my interpretation correct?

Related to this: How does Figure 7-5 go from 5 PSNs to 40?  Last sentence on p.137 "The maximum number of PSNs in this deployment also increases from 5 to a maximum of 40 PSNs."

What factor(s) am I missing that determines the amount of PSNs in any deployment model?

My  interpretation is that each PAN node and each MNT node can support a maximum of 5 PSN nodes.

Thank you.

If anyone is interested in teaming to learn the material for the latest CCNP Security exams, I am available.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

KA,

You interpretation of adding ISE-5,6,and 7 to get the described 7-node deployment is correct.

The 5 PSN limit is when you have dual persona (PAN and MnT) nodes. Only when you have dedicated persona nodes (PAN only on a node, MnT on a separate node) can you scale up the maximum number of PSNs past 5 to the maximum of 40.

(I passed the SISAS test last month. :) ) 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

KA,

You interpretation of adding ISE-5,6,and 7 to get the described 7-node deployment is correct.

The 5 PSN limit is when you have dual persona (PAN and MnT) nodes. Only when you have dedicated persona nodes (PAN only on a node, MnT on a separate node) can you scale up the maximum number of PSNs past 5 to the maximum of 40.

(I passed the SISAS test last month. :) ) 

Thank you Marvin.

arun.victory031
Level 1
Level 1
Could you share me the study materials and available documents please

The SISAS exam has a published Official Certification Guide (OCG).

It and other relevant materials are all listed on the Cisco Learning Network (CLN) page here:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccnpsecurity/sisas/study-material

Note the exam will be retired in February 2020.