cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1750 VPN router to perform NAT

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

(Note: This message was posted as part of the "Ask the Expert" Event on IPsec and Client Software that took place August 28 - September 4. Feel free to respond to or form discussions around this question)

Posted by pphilosophe - TECHNICAL & COMMUNICATIONS MGR, CINRAM INTERNATIONAL INC.

I am failing to logon a Remote Office VPN Windows 95 client to a NT environment. After careful analysis, I have discovered that the MS WINS is working successfully but is registering the source IP from the NetBIOS header instead of the NAT address. In other words, NAT is not translating the NetBIOS IP address. How can I configure a Cisco 1750 VPN router to perform NAT on the addresses in NetBIOS datagram headers coming from my Remote Office 1750?

2 Replies 2

bwalchez
Level 4
Level 4

Your problem is IOS NAT doesn't support NetBios. NAT was designed for common Internet protocols such as HTTP and FTP. Why are you performing NAT on your tunnel traffic? Are both networks on the same segment? Finally, what are you trying to accomplish here?

bob.short
Level 1
Level 1

Check out http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/701/60.html for a list of protocols IOS NAT supports