cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AMP private virtual cloud appliance

noc mcc
Level 1
Level 1

After installing the private cloud virtual appliance , I am trying to import a protect dB snapshot into my cloud appliance . The process has started and is stuck at a point where it displays " rebuilding database constraints " . How long does it take to import a protect dB usually ? Should I restart the appliance or any other checks that I can do ?

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

here is the information : ( make sure you have any FW between this device and internet - so you need to have FW rules to allow the content to download from cisco.)

WARNING!If you have not downloaded new device content for a long period of time make sure to initiate the update at a time when network demand will be low for an extended period such as during the night or on a weekend as the size of the update could be significant.

You can also check for updates to your FireAMP Private Cloud device outside of your scheduled Updates or if you have chosen not to have your device check for updates automatically. Click Check / Download Updates to check for new updates and download them to your device. Click Update Software once the download has completed. Your device will automatically be put into Maintenance Mode before running the update. You can also view the update details by clicking on the information link.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

xFallenAngelx
Level 1
Level 1

Hate to bump an old thread, but i have this *exact* situation also. Installed a new appliance as a trial in standalone air-gap mode, used amp-sync to download and create an Update ISO, installing it into the new appliance and it has been "rebuilding database constraints" for 3 days. (The resources on the VM are the defaults; 8vCPUs, 128GB RAM, on an all-flash array)

How long should a protectdb snapshot take to import? Is there any other monitoring / logs I can check to make sure it's actually processing?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: