cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Configuration Professional Install and usage?

stujackson
Level 1
Level 1

HI can anyone help. I am studying for CCNA Security and want to install CCP. I have tried downloading from cisco.com but file extensions are not supported so I am lost as to how to install this and play with software. Windows based. Thanks      

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure you are downloading "cisco-config-pro-k9-pkg-2_6-en.zip". It's a zip file with the installer enclosed so just unzip it and run the executable.

The files with "exp" in the file names are the express version for installation on routers and not meant for PC installation.

View solution in original post

You're welcome. Please rate my post if it helped.

CCP is based on Internet Explorer controls under the covers. I've had success with it on Windows XP and Windows 7 with various IE versions.

Some folks have reported success in Windows 8 using the work around described here.

That may also work with Server 2012 as I suspect it is the same root cause.

11 Replies 11

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure you are downloading "cisco-config-pro-k9-pkg-2_6-en.zip". It's a zip file with the installer enclosed so just unzip it and run the executable.

The files with "exp" in the file names are the express version for installation on routers and not meant for PC installation.

Thanks for reply Marvin, I downloaded PC files, I was downloading wrong files and being pretty 1 dimensional. It has now installed but I'm getting IEC2 error "cannot start CCP. Please try restart app" - looks like port issue so I will search for clues. Cheers

You're welcome. Please rate my post if it helped.

CCP is based on Internet Explorer controls under the covers. I've had success with it on Windows XP and Windows 7 with various IE versions.

lookigng forward to my road to CCNP Security, great help Marvin

Hi All,

I am running Windows Server 2012 and cannot get CCP to launch, I get "wmode windows" message or i get a crash message "IEC2 MFC", any ideas? Does CCP run on Windows Server 2012? so maybe this is just compatibility issue...thanks

Some folks have reported success in Windows 8 using the work around described here.

That may also work with Server 2012 as I suspect it is the same root cause.

Cheers Marvin will try that and let you know outcome, I got CCP working on my laptop with windows 7 but its too slow to run GNS3 so gotta get it running on my windows sserver 2012...

Yes thanks great help, but there was more to do. You can run CCP on win server 2012 with Marvin's last link, plus open IE10 then run CCP as admin and it will launch in new tab. Play time....

treybornmann
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried downloading this package fro 2.7. It has is no EXE file inside.

It looks like the link might be redirecting to the Express version. How do I get to the full version?

Very confusing Cisco.

Did you verify it is the zip file as noted in my Nov 24 7:34 a.m. posting above? Unzip that one and it has the .exe

It looks like the 2.7 only has the express version. I'll work with 2.6 and follow your instructions.

Once installed, can I just plug the router into our switch to try to connect and configure?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: