Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Cisco NAC and LINUX Security Checks

Greetings!

Currently I have a specific need on  security compliance checks using the Cisco  NAC solution (CAM) and consequently the Nessus Famework. The deployment environment is based on Desktops  using Linux as OS and here are the 4 basic checks:

1. Kernel version: i.e. if not version 2.6.35 or higher it should point as a security breach.
  2. Service check: i.e. if iptables is running it should point as a security breach.
  3. File check: i.e. if there isn't a file seccheck.txt on /usr/lib/  it should point as a security breach.
  4. String  check within a File: i.e. if the string @#$%¨&* is not on the file  seccheck.txt on /usr/lib/  it should point as a security breach.

As I understand I'll need specific Linux plugins for the Nessus Framework and  then I was wondering if there is any available plugin that actually  does that or I'll have to custom code write each of the,  3 or 4 as I  see it. Besides that, I know that audit files can do that easilly on Nessus, but does the CAM recognizes these audit files? Or is it plugins only?

If not, can anyone give any help here?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Dan