Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RSS Feed Not Working with MS Outlook 365

Islam Nadim
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was using MS Outlook 365 to get Cisco RSS Feed to follow up with the latest vulnerability announcements. Last notification received was on 16/12/2022 with subject "Cisco IOS and IOS XE Software DHCP Version 4 Relay Denial of Service Vulnerability" .. Any vulnerability announced after this one is not received. I checked with multiple PCs, they all have the same issue. I'm getting the feed from https://tools.cisco.com/security/center/psirtrss20/CiscoSecurityAdvisory.xml which is working fine if I access it. But if I try to add it to MS Outlook, it fails with the error below.

IslamNadim_0-1677059046006.png

I tried to access the link with a browser, it worked fine as per the image below (taken at the time of this writing)

IslamNadim_1-1677059046183.png

I'm not sure what is wrong. I also searched, and landed on https://sec.cloudapps.cisco.com/security/center/rss.x?i=44 which provided similar RSS Feed Links for RSS 1.0 and RSS 2.0 .. Both gave the same error. I also tried from different networks with no joy.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

stefan.thierolf
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem. I assume you add RSS Feed via Account settings?

When adding it directly via right-click menu "RSS Subscriptions" the feed is working. Looks like an Outlook bug for me. 

stefanthierolf_0-1681395812594.png

stefanthierolf_1-1681395914224.png

Sr. Professional Consultant IT Network and Communication at Vibracoustic.
Interrested in IT | Cisco | Network | Linux | Security | Cloud | Automation | DevNet

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

stefan.thierolf
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem. I assume you add RSS Feed via Account settings?

When adding it directly via right-click menu "RSS Subscriptions" the feed is working. Looks like an Outlook bug for me. 

stefanthierolf_0-1681395812594.png

stefanthierolf_1-1681395914224.png

Sr. Professional Consultant IT Network and Communication at Vibracoustic.
Interrested in IT | Cisco | Network | Linux | Security | Cloud | Automation | DevNet
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: