Helpful
Replies

Cisco Security Agent - EoL

cammaher
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Security Agent - End of Life

Hi All,

I am sure there are other people out there with the same concern as I have - we have a large deployment of the Cisco Security Agent and are now in the process of looking for an alternative product since Cisco announced its EoL.

I was hoping to get ideas from other networking professionals on what solutions they plan to use as a replacement?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Cameron

3 Replies 3

AJ Cruz
Level 3
Level 3

I guess it depends on what you use CSA for. In our case we used it exclusively for file integrity for PCI compliance purposes. We had to lock down our credit card application and operating system files to be sure they were not tampered with. We're thinking of moving to tripwire.

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

We are using it as an advanced software firewall as part of our overall Remote Access System. It also helped provide us the ability to lock down certain software components of the computer but still giving admin access to the rest of the device.

Thanks,

Cameron

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Trend Micro is offering a migration special for their Deep Security product for current CSA customers.

These are the details from their web site:

Migration Special

• First 6 months: “Free Swap”: Until Dec 31 2010, active Cisco CSA customers can receive the same number and type of licenses (desktop vs. server) of Deep Security (Firewall and Deep Packet Inspection modules) plus the Deep Security Manager at no additional license cost, provided that they purchase one or more years of maintenance and support upon the expiry of their current maintenance agreement.

• Next 18 months: 25% Discount: From Jan 1, 2011 through Jun 30, 2012, active Cisco CSA customers can purchase the same number and type of licenses (desktop vs. server) of Deep Security (Firewall and Deep Packet Inspection modules) plus the Deep Security Manager at a 25% discount off of the list price.

I've been testing it and though it doesn't include anti-malware, it does provide a lot of the functionality we used in CSA, though it does it differently.

Tom