cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN client on dualboot machine

dpatkins
Level 1
Level 1

I have two clients who have dualboot machines. Their C: partition is Windows 98 and their D: partion is Windows XP. One is coming through a modem dialup and the other through DSL.

Both run flawlessly once booted into the Windows 98 OS with the VPN client. However, when they boot into the XP O/S, it will not work. I sent each an executable that would install the VPN client to their D: partition (XP) which should be utilizing seperate registry entries and it still does not work.

Any ideas? This is a stumper.

Dwane

3 Replies 3

awaheed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dwane,

What version of the client are they running? What error does it give while Installation on these Windows XP machines? Are you running clients on other Win XP machines which are not dual boot and it works fine there?

Regards,

Aamir

Aamir,

I have put 3.5.2C on both machines now. I am at a loss now. I have a TAC opened with Cisco now. Not sure what is going on. One will connect and it last exactly 15 seconds each time.

Dwane

Yes. One of them(the one using dialup) actually got to his to work by reconfiguring the WINDOWS XP dial up connection. I am working on a Windows XP machine now that is notdual booted. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: