cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoSecureACS installation

ben.lancaster
Level 1
Level 1

We are attempting to install CiscoSecure 2.3(6) on Solaris 5.7 and 5.8 and receiving the following errors on the postinstall on both:

Loading properties from /opt/acs/config/CSConfig.ini

Finished loading properties.

Data Source = ORACLE

Driver Type = JDBC-Weblogic-Oracle URL = jdbc:weblogic:oracle:noc username = csecure password = ********

DBFactory Error: driver was unable to connect to the data source, driver msg: [ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name - (csecure/********@noc)]

DBFactory Error: driver was unable to connect to the data source, driver msg: [ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name - (csecure/********@noc)]

CSException: DBFactory Error: driver was unable to connect to the data source, driver msg: [ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name - (csecure/********@noc)]

Failed.

CSdbTool failed. Results are in /tmp/cs_install.log file.

Results of this install are saved in the /tmp/cs_install.log file.

pkgadd: ERROR: postinstall script did not complete successfully

Installation of <CSCEacs> failed.

Any ideas???

4 Replies 4

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This points to an Oracle problem, namely that ACS can't connect to it.

Can you tnsping the database OK, and can you then use sqlplus and login using the exact same credentials you supplied during the ACS installation (username = csecure, db = noc and password = ).

4brown
Level 1
Level 1

Follow the procedures here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/intsolns/secsols/aaasols/c262c3.htm#xtocid1

Make sure your Oracle dB instance has started. When you get it going, ensure you add the proper startup scripts in /etc/rc2.d.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the input but all of this is in place. I think the problem is that the postinstall script in trying to open a file named: /u00/oracle/product/8.1.7/orainst/unix.rgs but the "orainst" directory does not exist. The unix.rgs file is found within the /u00/oracle/product/8.1.7/install directory. Is there anyway we can point the postinstall script to the correct path?

I withdraw the last entry made by me on Oct 15th. I found the problem and the post install executed flawlessly. I had put the wrong TSN name in during installation. Thanks for the help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: