cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Client 4.6 issue

fchatfield
Level 1
Level 1

When I launch the VPN client and click connect the log in box stays up for only a few seconds and then disappears. The OS is Win2k PRO SP4 on a Dell Latitude D610

6 Replies 6

stomasko
Level 4
Level 4

Have you tried removing then reinstalling the client software? Did this just start after installing a patch or other piece of software?

Steve

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

just wondering if there is a yellow lock icon on the system tray, since the vpn client software will minimise automatically upon sucessful connection.

It turns out this was an issue between the wireless router and the VPN software. I found a tech note after a few hours of searching that described the issue to a T. Linksys wireless routers and Cisco VPN clients apparently dont get along very well. You would think since Cisco makes them both it would work as intended.

I had a problem also and had to open up ports 1723 and 500 on my Linksys router. Is this the same problem you had? Even though the router config was checked to permit IPSec traffic it still did not work until I did this.

Fchatfield, do you know the link where you found the issues regarding linksys wireless routers and Cisco Vpn clients?

Thanks

I had an issue with a linksys wireless router that I got to work by disabling transparent tunneling.