Views
Helpful
Replies

CS-MARS web interface much faster in Firefox 2 than IE 7

hoffa2000
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

I'm running a MARS 50 at an average 70% CPU load during full production. I've always felt navigation through the web interface was a bit slow, not just waiting for the mitigation paths to draw but the whole thing. A few days ago I tried Firefox and the difference was huge although Adobe SVG didn't load properly and the tables were crocked the navigation was almost real time.

I'm not an expert on IE 7 but to me it feels like the difference in speed it too great to be a setting thing.

Does anyone have the same experience?

/Fredrik

2 Replies 2

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

We generally run a tad lower load, but I've not noticed any real difference in performance. The display is totally horked up in Firefox too (beyond just the SVG issue).

clausonna
Level 3
Level 3

I've noticed the same thing - Firefox is -much- faster than IE. However, when I try to log in with FF my MARS credentials are accepted but then I get a blank white screen stating:

You have logged in as Admin, and Access is denied for this role.

If I then go into an IE6 MARS session and copy a URL into FF (for example: https://cammars1/Incidents/index.jsp?NewQuery=clearReport)

Then FF -does- work, and man it is SO much faster. I don't miss having the SVG in Firefox since I don't use it in IE anyways (you guys know that Adobe has End-of-Life'd their SVG plug-in, right?)

I've opened a TAC case with the MARS group - I'll let you know how it goes.