Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA v5 event time stamps

lmslattery
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have the time set correctly on both the system hosting my CSA MC and a system installed with the agent. The timezones are also set the same ( GMT +10 ). however events logged to the CSA MC from the agent in question display with the incorrect time , about 10 hours out.

Anybody have any clues ?

Leon

2 Replies 2

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Are they local to each other or actually 10 hours apart? The CSA MC event time stamp is what is reported by the agent host OS. We've had hosts with the system clock set wrong and they report events from the future (or past). There may be something else resetting the system clock on the host (like login, etc..). Other logging (like IIS) uses GMT by default unless you change it. Don't know if that could be a factor.

Tom S

Hi Tom

Thanks for your reply.

The host and the CSAMC are local to each other. Their times and timezones are set the same. The host is a fairly vanilla web server also running SQL , it is standalone ( not on a domain ) and has no login scripts etc or anything else I can think of that would mess with the time.

I'll have another play with it today and post if I find anything more.

Thanks

Leon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: