cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSIDS and Cisco Sec Policy Mgr

brian.perry
Level 1
Level 1

Almost on topic- I have looked at the eval of CSPM, but had to run on Win2k for various reasons, NT is rec. platform, I didnt get to try the CSIDS integration. Has anyone used this combo? Does CSPM replace HPOVNNM? Do the auto hardening (feedback to router ACL/Shun) features work? Im not knocking the OVNNM interface, but we are a service provider that needs to scale to monitor many clients' IDS' and the OV map interface doesn't work well for us. Im hoping CSPM might offer an improved data management component. Of course the other features (VPM mgmt)are valuable as well... -B

3 Replies 3

brian.perry
Level 1
Level 1

Replying to my own post: Would anyone be interested in seeing an Intrusion detection forum here? I have reviewed the Cisco Safe blueprint for secure network architecture, there a *lots* of IDS sensors all over this design, I would really like to know what some others do with the volumes of IDS, syslog, firewall, vpn, other...data that is generated by a huge network like that (and ours).

brian.perry
Level 1
Level 1

OK, is ANYONE using Cisco Secure Policy Manager for anything??? VPN, PIX, ? I get to this list by navigating through the security page and clicking Join a "Security" discussion. This forum seems to concentrate mostly on VPN. Is ther a more appropriate place to post than here for perimeter security/IDS subject matter?

I'm using a flavor of cisco security products and I think that there should be a site for cisci IDs systems .