Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS?

giovanni
Level 1
Level 1

My CSPM 2.3.1i has gone awry.

Whenever I modify a sensor configuration and update the policy the changes are not saved to the database and they are not sent to the sensor.

Looking at the Application Log in the (Window's) Event Viewer, every Update action generates a number of events with source CUPS.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled CSPM, I have even recreated the sensor's configuration from scratch, i.e. not from a saved policy.

What is CUPS, and what has gone wrong? Saved event viewer logs are available.

Giovanni

2 Replies 2

mhossain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a bug that will be fixed with teh release of CSPM 2.3.2i, next week.

Sorry for the inconvenience that this has casued.

Regards,

-Munawar Hossain

IDS Product Manager

bygregory
Level 1
Level 1

A problem has been identified in CSPM 2.3.1i which involves changes made to sensor nodes. A fix is currently being tested and will be available shortly. There is a temporary work around that should work for you. Here are the steps.

1) Delete the sensor nodes that you modified from the network topology.

2) Rebuild the nodes using the add sensor wizard.

3) Make all the necessary changes to each of the node's properties panels before pressing save or update.

4) Once all of the nodes data is correct, press save or update.

The problem involves changes that are not being stored correctly in the database. If you make all of your changes to a new node before pressing save or update, the data is stored correctly.

If you need to further modify a sensor in the future, you should follow the steps again.

Once testing is finished, CSPM 2.3.2i will be made available. This version will fix the problem.

I hope this helps,

Russ