cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP SERVER on IOS XR Cisco ASR9001

sergei-bilan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. Can I configure the IOS XR ASR9001 as a DHCP server? It is necessary that he would distribute IP addresses in the VRF.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

i have the same issue and i have been scrathing my head for few days now on this.

I think the Docs support and even the IOS XR version support the command  but not the actual service. The reason i say that i am refferring to DHCPv4 Server mode. I can see DHCP Discover Message coming to the router but there is no offer in return to that .....  

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Thanks for the documentation. How to write a post, re-read a lot of documentation. Everywhere I found that in IOS XR you can configure for ipv4 DHCP relay and only for ipv6 a full-fledged DHCP server. I would like to find confirmation of this information.

I dont understand your doubt, could you clarify, please?

Because, i understood that you need just configure dhcp server on your ASR9001

Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Yes that's right, on the ASR 9001 IOS XR. As a DHCP server ipv4 to distribute the IP pool. But the documentation states only for DHCP relay settings.

i have the same issue and i have been scrathing my head for few days now on this.

I think the Docs support and even the IOS XR version support the command  but not the actual service. The reason i say that i am refferring to DHCPv4 Server mode. I can see DHCP Discover Message coming to the router but there is no offer in return to that .....  

It is supported. We are using ours as DHCP server.

Hi, can you share the config? I can see the DISCOVER message being received but it appears the interface on the XR is in proxy mode, even though I have configured it explicitly as server mode.

denis.ipv0
Level 1
Level 1

@Mandla Gqada  here you can find the configuration of DHCP server on Cisco XR

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: