cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMVPN will not bring up dynamic tunnel unless using static routes

Brian M
Level 1
Level 1

I have a hub and two spokes and each spoke is bringing up a tunnel to the hub and is routing normally. My problem is that if I try to route from spoke1 (10.30.1.1) to spoke2 (10.30.3.1) it will not bring up a new tunnel but instead will route through the hub.

If I put 'ip route 10.30.3.0 255.255.255.0 tunnel 0' on spoke1, it will then bring up the tunnel to spoke2. I know this is an EIGRP issue (my misconfiguration somewhere), can someone look at the configs and point me in the right direction?

Thanks!!!

2 Replies 2

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

Use the Debug commands that run on the hub router confirm that the correct parameters are matched for the spoke and VPN Client connections. Run these debug commands.

debug crypto isakmp-Displays messages about IKE events.

debug crypto ipsec-Displays information about IPsec events.

Here is the configuration guide with the Hub & Spoke example. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801eafcb.shtml

MIKE DOUGLAS
Level 1
Level 1

Take a look at the next hop address of the eigrp routes recieved on the spoke. They likely show a next hop to the hub. I believe if you add this "no ip next-hop-self eigrp" at the hub tunnel interface; spoke routes will show up on other spokes with a spoke tunnel address as the next hop.