cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual Tracks PIX 7 Series Software?

stwilliams
Level 1
Level 1

On 4/14/06 Cisco released version 7.0.5 of the PIX OS. Earlier, on 3/15/06, Cisco released version 7.1.2. I am confused because apparently there are two tracks being used for PIX 7 series. I have a PIX 515E running 7.1.2. Should I be running the 7.0.x or the 7.1.x series? What's the difference between them?

Thanks very much.

Steve Williams

2 Replies 2

Fernando_Meza
Level 7
Level 7

well basically is a new version whihc has more features and some fixes to known bugs reported on previous versions. I suggest you to check the release note for this version. Unless you are experincing any of the issues been resolved by the new version and /or needs some extra features offered .. then you don't have to upgrade ..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2120/prod_release_note09186a008062560f.html#wp37875

I hope it helps ... please rate it if it does !!!

Fernando,

If as you say, version 7.1.2 is a newer version, why was version 7.0.5 released by Cisco AFTER version 7.1.2 was released?

That's why I'm confused. Cisco is apparently on a dual track with PIX 7 series releases and I'd love to find out why.

Steve Williams

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card