Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamic VTI help needed!

alec.waters
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I currently have an "ordinary" site-to-site VPN with static crypto maps at the spokes and a dynamic crypto map at the headend.

What I'd like to do is replace this with static VTIs at the spokes and a dynamic VTI at the headend. I don't need any of the "flash" of DMVPN, just as straight a swap as I can possibly get.

The static VTIs are no problem, but I'm really confused about how to set up the dynamic VTI at the headend. I don't see how the DVTI gets associated with an interface, and which IP address the spoke should use to initiate the tunnel.

Could anybody please post a simple (but complete) config for a DVTI hub and a SVTI spoke?

many thanks,

alec

2 Replies 2

m.singer
Level 4
Level 4

Configuring the Cisco IOS? Server Load Balancer (SLB) feature to distribute large numbers of IP Security (IPsec) tunnels onto a Cisco 7200/7301 IPsec server farm. The server farm hubs are configured with dynamic Virtual Tunnel Interface (VTI) while the remote spokes can be configured using VTI or crypto maps (supporting single proxy).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6635/products_white_paper0900aecd8045b552.shtml

Thanks, I'll try it out!

alec

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: