cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Email notifications

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I am standing up a small IDS system using the IDSM Blade and CSPM 2.3.3. I want to configure email notifications and I see that they can be configured based on severity level. Is it possible to send an email notfication on a per signature basis. If I only want to send emails for sig 6302, is that possible?

Thanks,

Kevin

1 Reply 1

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't think that it is possible in CSPM, but I think that it is possible in the new Security Monitor products released by Cisco earlier this week.

Security Monitor and IDS Management Center (IDS MC) are the latest IDS management products and were released just earlier this week.

They are web server based, and include many enhancements over what CSPM supports for IDS management.

They are part of the VMS (VPN Security Management Solution) version 2.1 bundle of products.

You may want to talk with your Cisco Sales Rep about migrating from CSPM to IDS MC and Security Monitor.

If you bought CSPM as part of VMS 2.0 and bought SAS support then you can upgrade to IDS MC and Security Monitor at no additional charge.

Refer to the following web site for more information:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/wr2k/vpmnso/prodlit/index.shtml