cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enabling Security measures On CISCO 2621

tamojoym
Level 1
Level 1

Well our main concern is security of our internal network.We have installed firewall for security reasons.

We have a CISCO 2621 router on which our T1 line terminates .We are thinking if we could enable certain security measures on our Router.

So would you be able to share any information whether CISCO 2621 router has any security feature as to blocking tcp and udp ports without the installation of any sort of firewall on the router.

If so I will be highly obliged if you could tell me how it is to be done .

Thanks and waiting for a prompt reply

Tamojoy Mitra

2 Replies 2

kbeltz
Level 1
Level 1

We ran into the same issue you have and our Cisco rep told us to use the IOS firewall feature set. At that time we didn't have it but we were able to purchase an upgrade. The upgrade allowed us to build firewalling capabilities into our router configuration. Met our budget and got the job done! I'm sure there is multiple ways of doing this, so I'm interested to know if anyone else has done it differently?

dennis-hess
Level 1
Level 1

You could use an ip extended access list to perform basic packet filtering on the outside interface. Check this link to Cisco's site for more info... it has lot's of other ip security stuff as well!

Enjoy!

D

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/ics/cs003.htm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: