Views
Helpful
Replies

Error in displaying events in the director

osam
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All ,

I use IDS Sensor 4230 with version 3.1(3)S44 , and unix director version 2.2.3 S44 .

The problem is that some of the events in the packetd on the director are displayed by their event numbers not by their name like the most . This is new and I don't know why it happened . Does anybody have a solution or a suggestion where to look ?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

nchandy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Are these events any custom signatures/ can you list the few of the signatures which show by the number

Thanks

Nisha

Hi

No, these events aren't custom signatures , they are built in signature . Their numbers are 3115 , 4003 , 5366 , 11005 .

Thanks

chstone
Level 1
Level 1

Most of the sigs that you listed, are relatively new sigs, so it is possible that there is an issue with the update that has not been noticed yet. I'll load S44 on a Director and see what I get.

In the mean time, I'd suggest that you update the Director and your sensor to S46, and see if this resolves the issue.

thanks/chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: