Views
Helpful
Replies

error message

s-muhammad
Level 1
Level 1

Does any one what this error message means

%FW-3-RESPONDER_WND_SCALE_INI_NO_SCALE: Dropping packet - Invalid Window Scale option for session 129.230.18.82:17917 to 194.75.132.166:25 (Initiator scale 0 Responder scale 0)

Thanks in advance

sheikh

2 Replies 2

wdrootz
Level 4
Level 4

I would also suggest you two workaround's for this.You can try out these two solutions:

Disable the window scaling on the associated hosts, if possible.

Another suggested workaround is

to disable IP inspect.

wesley.strauss
Level 1
Level 1

I don't see any more discussion on this issue - did you get a resolution?

The same thing is occurring to me on ISR 2811 and 2812 running IOS 12.4(4)T1, and it specifically happens whenever attempting connection via www or ftp to a certain Internet host.

Note that is is not a window size message - it is a TCP option for window scaling, and 0 is a valid window scale (I've been doing my research on this problem). TCP Windows Scaling allows you to specify a value to multiply the size of the TCP window by, so that you can have much larger windows than default 65535 size, and it was designed for big pipes with high latency (e.g. satellite links).

By removing and adding the inspect command, I can tell you that CBAC inspection is causing this. It apparently doesn't like the 0 value, but RFC 1323 says that is valid.

Anybody got a fix? Is this a new bug in latest IOS?