cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover PIX firewalls with dual switches

dkorell
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a configuration example of two firewalls using the failover option and two switches. I have not been able to find any information on how I can best utilize this setup for redundancy.

Currently I also have two Internet connections into one router but plan to soon purchase a second router so not sure how this can all fit into here as well.

1 Reply 1

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

hii dkorell

i dont think there will be any problems with two switches/firewalls... have the inside/outside/dmz ports of the first firewall to the first switch and the second firewall to the second.. cross connect these switches and put them on a vtp domain and define vlans on it.. enable trunking...

configure all failover commands and it should work relly fine.. if you have two internet routers, you can run hsrp between them and configure the default gateways on the PIX to the virtual IP. this will work too..

hope this helps. all the best.. rate replies if found useful..

Raj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card