cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTP Inspection

rpw5354
Level 1
Level 1

We use a 3rd party application that sends and receives files to and from an FTP server for a transcription service. After putting our ASA5510 firewall in place it no longer would allow receiving of files to our internal network. I had to disable the INSPECT FTP feature. That fixed the problem with the 3rd party application but now I cannot receive files using an off the self GUI FTP program. How can I get both programs to work? Thanks!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vchepikov
Level 1
Level 1

Because I only can guess of your ASA configuration, the solution which should work is to setup your GUI FTP to use PASSIVE ftp connection mode.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

vchepikov
Level 1
Level 1

Because I only can guess of your ASA configuration, the solution which should work is to setup your GUI FTP to use PASSIVE ftp connection mode.

iwearing
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a similar issue since installation of a 5540 ASA fw. How did you disable the INSPECT FTP feature?. Were you able to do this using the ASDM or cli.

Thanks

Ian.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: