Views
Helpful
Replies

FTP

sibgathullah
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am not able to access FTP from internal network or office, if i connect from other then my office i can access.

What port i have to enable on ASA 5510 & ISA???

5 Replies 5

roshan.maskey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I assume that the office connected interface is configured as inside with security-level 100.

Check the following:

1. ACL bounded to inside interface

asa(config)# show run access-group

if it results: access-group inside_access_in in interface inside

then: show run access-list inside_access_in

verify if the acl has: access-list insidie_access_in permit tcp 192.168.57.0 255.255.255.0 any eq ftp

where 192.168.57.0 is your office network.

if your network has no such acl add one.

2. Check your service policy

run command:asa(config)# sh run service-policy

check: if there is global_policy or interface policy applied to inside interface.

3. Check what protocols are inspected

run command: sh run policy-map

find: the policy and verify "inspect ftp" is there in inside class-map of policy-map applied to inside interface.

if you don't find one, add one.

If possible, post your config for review

H2H

Roshan

Dear Roshan,

Thanks for your answer, but i would like to elaborate.....i have my ftp server some outside my network on a public ip n from my network i cannot access it.i have enable the port 20 & 21 but still i m not able to access....

Further to Roshans earlier post, once the ACL is added (or confirmed that you have one) run the following command to ensure that the ACL has a hit count.

sho access-list

Also, ensure that this FTP server is accessible from the outside of your network, if possible setup a directly connected machine to your internet connection (purely for testing!)

HTH

Steve

Dear ,

Below is the access-list which are configured on ASA. But still i am not able to access FTP site.

access-list out-in line 22 extended permit tcp any eq ftp any eq ftp (hitcnt=0)

access-list out-in line 23 extended permit tcp any gt 1023 any gt 1023 (hitcnt=3517)

access-list out-in line 24 extended permit tcp any eq ftp-data any eq ftp-data (hitcnt=0)

Please can you post your access-group config so I can see what direction the ACLs have been applied.

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: