cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

gre tunnels and multiple site

reidg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm new to GRE tunnels, and have a question on some basic design.

current setup is:

We have our network, and have a direct 100mb connection to a sister organisation. We now have the requirement to have staff based in some of our partners offices, (we also want them to use ip phones from our callmanager cluster).

As this is likely to expand we might end up with 10 to 20 offices like this.

My thought was to install remote routers/switches at these sites and use GRE to tunnel directly to them, thus allowing them to appear as if they are just another node on our network. The question is where should the core end of these tunnels terminate. I.e. can they just be treated like leased services and terminate upon various 3660 routers etc, or do I need to look at one particular device to terminate them all on.

thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

This document provides a sample configuration for Hub-and-Spoke Dynamic Multipoint VPN (DMVPN) using generic routing encapsulation (GRE) over IPSec with Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Network Address Translation (NAT), and Context-Based Access Control (CBAC).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801982ae.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: