Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest Role in ISE 2.1

faiqmahdi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I want to configure Wireless Dot1X with Guest Users, what i understood, I have to configure "Activated Guest" to make it work along with Dot1X.

I found Guest Role option in following manner in version 1.x 

Administration > Web Portal Management > Settings > Guest >Guest Roles Configuration.

But I am not able to find this option in version 2.1.  Can anyone please guide me how to approach this option and if possible if anyone can share snapshot of the policy which works Guest Users along with Dot1X security level.

My goal is to configure Guest Users through Sponsor Portal but with Dot1X Security, we don't want Captive Portal for Guest users. 

Thanks. 

4 Replies 4

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All of the Guest related settings are now located under the Guest Work Center. Specifically, I think the feature that you are looking for is located at:

Work Centers > Guest Access > Configure > Guest Types 

I hope this helps!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

I have gone through this but none of the Guest Type has "Activated Guest" 

Farhan Mohamed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please check the link below it will help you with everything you need to know for guest setup, Any help arises, Please let me know.

Link: communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-66329

#Please rate me if it helps.

Peter Koltl
Level 7
Level 7

You must use a captive web portal called Guest Portal for all guest users.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card