cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Has anyone received the following errors?

pattbo
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting the following error from Windows XP (home and Pro) using VPN Client 3.5.2 (A, B and C) when they connect to the VPN 3000 Concentrator.

These message are listed on the concentrator:

Received unknown transaction mode attribute: 28680

Received unknown transaction mode attribute: 28678

The user gets a "peer terminated connection" message.

I can't find any info on these errors meesages, does anyone have any insight?

3 Replies 3

awaheed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Pat,

I donot think these messages are the actual error reason for the connection not getting completed.. these are just a bunch of informational messages. I would suggest turning up the logs on the concentrator side for IKE, IKEDBG, IPSEC, IPSECDBG, AUTH, AUTHDBG for Severity to Log 1-13 and see what the errors it shows. The Concentrator log is where we will get a resolution from.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Aamir

dkearsley
Level 1
Level 1

I am also getting the same message.

Received unknown transaction mode attribute:28682.

My user is on a 2000 OS using VPN Client 3.6.2 (A). The client connects however he is not able to ping anything on the internal network he is connecting to.

I can not find any info on this error either.

dkearsley
Level 1
Level 1

I have not yet received any reply stateing exactly what the error message means however I did overcome my problem with regards to these messages. I found that the end user, who was generating these messages was using a UDP hub to his DSL connection. I had him remove the hub and use a regular Ethernet card and the problem was resolved. Hope this is of some help.